VMFS Recovery to restore data from various server
When you want to recover data that was stored on a VMFS disk safely and easily then VMFS Recovery is your best solution. The good part about VMFS Recovery is the fact that, it can recover information from corrupted and healthy virtual disk images. This means that it can be used to restore data from various servers including ESX and ESXi servers. Its functionality is pretty nice in both full and quick recovery modes.
How it is used to recover data from ESX servers
VMFS Recovery can be used to restore data from ESX servers in two very simple steps. You will need to use it to first repair the ESX storage. This will enable you to have full access to the partitions and therefore the virtual stores it contains. From this point, each individual virtual machine can be extracted from their different VMDK disks. From here you can simply launch the standard recovery process to get back your data.
VMFS Recovery can be used to perform remote recovery
You could use VMFS to retrieve the data from a server online without needing to access the server physically. As long as the server hosts virtual PCs then you could use VMFS recovery to get the data and you don’t even need to remove the hard drives or shut down the computer.
Features of VMFS Recovery
- Easy to use, step by step wizard that will guide you through the whole process.
- There are two different modes of operation to choose from; Full and quick recovery options.
- You could save the recovered files either in a remote or local location.
- You could use it to mount virtual disks as drive letters, making them accessible with different browsers, explorer and file utilities.
- It easily recovers information even when there is a lot of windows access restrictions.
- Raid Recovery is made easy with VMFS Recovery.
- RAID array can be reconstructed even when the RAID controller is missing or damaged.
You need to be using Windows XP or higher, the best is usually considered to be either Windows 8 or 7. Your PC needs to be standard and contain at least 4 GB RAM. VMFS Recovery builds its entire structure in the RAM before it starts data recovery. When you have a big ESX server, then you will definitely need more RAM. You will only need about 16 MB to install, however, you will need so much disk space in order to save the recovered information.
VMFS Recovery is practical with a user-friendly interface and wizard that simply guides you through the whole process. It can be used to retrieve data from ESX servers and is very convenient.